Skip to Main Content



What is Endodontics?

Endodontics is a specialty that focuses on root canals and the treatment of dental pulp and tissues surrounding the tooth root. Endodontic treatment is normally necessary when the dental pulp becomes inflamed or infected. 

Book An Appointment

This Service is Available at Toothworks College Park Dental, Toronto

Endodontic Treatment Options

Inflammation or infection of the tooth root can have a variety of causes including deep decay, repeated dental procedures on the tooth, or a crack or chip in the tooth. If left untreated, it can cause pain or lead to an abscess.

At Toothworks Dental Clinics, our endodontist can offer the following treatments. 

  • Root Canal Treatment

    During a root canal procedure, the endodontist removes the damaged pulp of your tooth, including blood vessels and nerves.

    Next, they will clean the space and fill it with medicated dental materials.

    After a root canal, your dentist can restore the tooth with a dental filling, which is usually followed by a crown to strengthen the tooth and prevent further breakdown. 

    Learn More

  • Endodontic Retreatment

    If you've already had a root canal and you're experiencing issues again, the endodontist may reopen your tooth and remove the filling that was placed during the first procedure.

    The endodontist then examines the tooth, looking for additional canals or new infections. 

  • Endodontic Surgery

    Endodontic surgery can be used to locate small fractures or hidden canals previously undetected on x-rays during the initial treatment.

    Surgery may also be needed to remove calcium deposits in root canals or to treat damaged root surfaces or the surrounding bone of the tooth.

Endodontic Treatment, Toothworks Dental Clinics
Meet Our Toothworks Endodontist

Dr. Arezou Hanson, Toronto

Shaping the Smiles of Tomorrow

Since 2001, Toothworks Dental Clinics have been providing patients of all ages with personalized dental care and a welcoming experience at locations across Ontario.

Learn More