What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry refers to a variety of techniques used to calm anxious patients during a dental procedure or to make patients more comfortable during long procedures.
This Service is Available at All Toothworks Locations
- Bay Adelaide Dental, Toronto
- Brookfield Place Dental, Toronto
- College Park Dental, Toronto
- King-York Dental, Toronto
- Richmond-Adelaide Dental, Toronto
- Hatamian Dentistry, Toronto
- Square One, Mississauga
- Pine Ridge Dental, Scarborough
- Sterling Dental, Scarborough
- Fairview Park Dental, Kitchener
- The Boardwalk Dental, Waterloo
- Masonville Place, London
- Kilborn Dental, Ottawa
Types of Dental Sedation
At Toothworks Dental Clinics we offer sedation options for our patients.
Your dentist can help determine if sedation is right for you, and which option will best suit your needs.
Nitrous oxide (or laughing gas) is inhaled through the mouth and nose. The medication can calm patients even though they remain awake and able to communicate. It also tends to lessen anxiety, increase pain threshold, reduce gag reflex and make time pass more quickly.
Oral sedatives are pills or liquids prescribed by your dentist and taken orally. The medication leaves you awake for the procedure but should significantly relax you.