What is a Dental Laser?
A dental laser is a device that emits a single wavelength of light energy directed on a tooth, gum or soft tissue to try and repair decay, gum disease, or soft tissue disorders.
This TECHNOLOGY is Available at these Toothworks locations
Lasers in Dentistry
At Toothworks Dental Clinics, our dentists use lasers for a variety of general and cosmetic treatments including to:
- Remove tooth decay and prepare for a filling
- Reshape gums and remove bacteria during gum therapy
- Activate the bleaching solution in teeth whitening
- Help sterilize teeth during a root canal
- Treat face and jaw pain
- Promote faster healing of surgical sites
- Desensitize and anesthetize teeth where possible
The Benefits of Dental Lasers
Lasers can allow our dentists to perform dental procedures with less pain and fewer medical interventions.
The laser beam should sterilize the affected area and seal off blood vessels, which can minimize the chance of swelling, bleeding or infection. The need for anesthesia should also be reduced and sometimes even eliminated.
Lasers can also be helpful for patients who feel anxious about visiting the dentist because they allow the dentist to use the drill less. Overall, this means that patients should be much more comfortable both during and after treatment.