What is a Sports Mouth Guard?
A sports mouth guard is a custom-made mouth guard that fits over your teeth and is worn during sports activities to protect them from injury. At Toothworks Dental Clinics, we offer mouth guards to athletes of all ages to help minimize the risk of injury and protect your mouth and teeth.
This Service is Available at All Toothworks Locations
- Bay Adelaide Dental, Toronto
- Brookfield Place Dental, Toronto
- College Park Dental, Toronto
- King-York Dental, Toronto
- Richmond-Adelaide Dental, Toronto
- Hatamian Dentistry, Toronto
- Square One, Mississauga
- Pine Ridge Dental, Scarborough
- Sterling Dental, Scarborough
- Fairview Park Dental, Kitchener
- The Boardwalk Dental, Waterloo
- Masonville Place, London
- Kilborn Dental, Ottawa
How Sports Mouth Guards Work
Most often used in contact sports they are also a good idea for any sport where there's a chance that your face will come into contact with a person or object.
If you get hit in the mouth, a mouth guard acts like a cushion that absorbs the impact more evenly. It provides a barrier between your teeth and the soft tissue in and around your mouth preventing injuries like chipped or broken teeth and cuts to lips and gums.
Custom-Made Mouth Guards
Our dentists will create a custom mouth guard just for you. By taking a digital scan of your teeth, your dentist will ensure a secure, comfortable fit.
With proper care and storage, your custom mouth guard will protect you for many years to come.