What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment often used by our Toothworks dentists to repair minor chips and discolourations in tooth enamel, and help restore your smile.Book an Appointment
This Service is Available at All Toothworks Locations
- Bay Adelaide Dental, Toronto
- Brookfield Place Dental, Toronto
- College Park Dental, Toronto
- King-York Dental, Toronto
- Richmond-Adelaide Dental, Toronto
- Hatamian Dentistry, Toronto
- Square One, Mississauga
- Pine Ridge Dental, Scarborough
- Sterling Dental, Scarborough
- Fairview Park Dental, Kitchener
- The Boardwalk Dental, Waterloo
- Masonville Place, London
- Kilborn Dental, Ottawa
The Bonding Procedure
Dental bonding is a minimally invasive process where tooth-coloured composite material is applied to a tooth, sculpted into shape, hardened and then polished.
Your dentist will begin by applying the composite in layers using a light to harden each layer. After the last layer is hardened, your dentist will shape and polish it to form your tooth. The finished tooth looks natural and smooth.
Benefits of Bonding
Dental bonding is most often used to repair discoloured or chipped teeth. It can also be used to close gaps between teeth or to alter tooth shape and colour.
Your dentist will be sure to choose the composite resin that best matches your natural teeth so that it blends in.